This 3-day-workshop is for anyone who may wish to understand the design and delivery concepts and techniques used by professional master trainers.
As trainers, whether we are full-time professionals or as part of our wider responsibilities at work, we all try to deliver the best materials in the best way with the best impact that we can for our learners.
In this programme you will learn how to identify key components of a training programme, understand the use of Accelerated Learning techniques, become familiar with the structure and requirements of programmes leading to formally accredited management qualifications and be able to plan, structure and deliver successful training in both knowledge and skills.
TRAINER: Roger Stent (UK)
|Roger is an executive coach, mentor and management trainer with over 20 years experience.
He regularly coaches and mentors all levels of staff from Chief Executives downwards, and has a highly interactive and searching training style that encourages discussion and application through the use of Accelerated Learning techniques.
He holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Executive Coaching and Leadership Mentoring through OPM (the Office of Public Management) and a Certificate in Life Coaching, and is a Member of the Association for Coaching. He is a TAP qualified trainer, and a registered practitioner of the British Psychological Society.
At present, Roger is a managing director and a leading trainer at ST*R Learning Ltd.
be able to identify the key components of a training programme that is meaningful to all learning styles;
know the structure of a training programme and have designed a short session that truly encourages delegates to remember and be able to use the content;
have used Accelerated Learning techniques to deliver a short session in a really interesting style;
become familiar with the structure and requirements of programmes leading to formally accredited management qualifications;
be able to deliver a short training session that meets assessed Master Trainer standards in a 20-30 minute rehearsal.
If you are successful, you will be awarded a Certificate in Master Training endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM, UK).
PROGRAMME, 3 days:
Welcome and introductions
Objectives of the workshop, and structure of the sessions
Delegate introductions – by presentation
* The differences between lecturing, training, mentoring and coaching
Training Structure and Style
Part 1: Training Structure
* An overview of the Design Cycle
* Defining Training Objectives that really mean something
* The principles of Accelerating Learning
Understanding learning styles and the impact they have on structure
(Delegates will evaluate their own styles)
* The starting point – developing learning objectives into content
* Creating a Delivery Plan that maps onto different learning styles
* The structure – introduction, learning, reinforcement, review
* Teaching new skills
* Closing a session positively
* Putting these points into practice
Understanding Management Qualifications
* Qualification Frameworks
* Unit Aims and Objectives
* Linking Structure to Learning Outcomes
* Preparing candidates for assessment
* Learning how to assess assignments – what to look for
* Putting it into practice
Agreeing overnight preparation
Reflection and Summary
Style & Support
Part 2: Style
* Training delivery, presentation and communication skills
* How people perceive what’s happening to them – and why this and other communication skills are important to trainers.
* Giving and seeking information
* Using questions effectively in training
* Giving and receiving feedback to build delegates’ confidence
Part 3: Support
* How people learn – Multiple Intelligences and the Skills Development Cycle
* What this means to our delivery
* Injecting enthusiasm and encouraging involvement
* Designing activities
* Using simulations, anecdotes, case studies, and role playing
* Using handouts, toys and learning aids
* Stimulating all the senses – audio-visual reinforcement
Handling difficult learners and situations
* Testing retention and understanding
* Closing a course in style
* Measuring success – Validation & Evaluation
Reflections on Days One and Two – Key learning points
Welcome back and reminder of assessment criteria
Delegates’ Assessment Sessions
Delivery, reflection and feedback discussions
Review of the workshop so far – personal learning
Closing Exercise – something special!
There will be precourse preparation and assignment tasks.
TIME, PLACE AND PRICE
Time: November 7-8th and November 14th (10.00-17.15)
Place: Von Stackelberg Hotel (Toompuiestee 23, 10137 Tallinn)
Price: 1100 € +km*
*Price includes: 3-day-training, registration for the international Certificate in Master Training endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM), training materials, catering
RECOMMENDED COURSES TO CONTINUE